Sunday 17 May 2009

Bruno 9li

Yeah nice, I really like your logo. Big and fat. And I hear what you're saying about the colours, but one thing I will say about those specific colours is that CMY(K) is a very trendy/popular colour combination at the moment. But I suppose that's what the band are going for... so maybe ignore my snobbery.

Ilovedust is interesting, I've seen some of their work before, it's pretty mental. And what a slick website... it baffles me how they do all that moving shit, very impressive.

I notice you're posting things that are very dense and heavy on detail.. is this something you'd like to achieve on the album cover?

If so, an illustrator with a similar attitude to density and detail is Brazilian illustratorBruno 9li. Slightly darker/edgier than Ilovedust and Grandpeople, but still definitely worth a look. Good example of hand drawn imagery with digital colouring, which is so often done badly. It's also a technique that gives a similar effect of highly polished vector graphics, but retains a raw/human element - may be worth considering.

Jamie Vex'd - In System Travel EP

Illustrations for Rojo Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment