Thursday 28 May 2009

Drip Drip Drip Drip

Round 2:

In the Illustrator file there's a series of basic shapes on the left of the artboard, like a tool kit, with which I've constructed the image. I've left a lot of empty space for you to play around/add to/delete/repeat etc. Feel free to bring in your own shapes/elements or do whatever you like.

As you can see I'm bringing the focus onto the album name. Not sure if it's slightly off target regarding what The Frantic stand for - perhaps it's a bit too 'nice' for want of a better word - a bit too domesticated / friendly / safe. Reminds me of the kind of visuals you'd expect from an eco-friendly car company, (is that possible?) like Honda. I don't know, maybe not... I kind of like it though.

Anyway It's partly inspired by your grid-based block typeface, partly inspired by the diagrams of sweat pores from earlier, and partly inspired by the masterful Siggi Eggertson:



No comments:

Post a Comment