Sunday 24 May 2009

Deuce

No worries man, looks like we're both pretty busy but yeah I'm happy with the pace things are going as well. A little gap here and there ain't nothin to worry about.

I liked the introduction of imagery taken from life, mix things up a bit, that was a nice surprise. If I'm being critical about it I would question the significance of a tree, not just in terms of this album (unless it was called high tree sweat) but also if you consider what The Frantic are about as a band. May be worth noting that trees/nature is often associated with folk (and some psych music), not that I'm saying we should stick to stereotypes but just thought it was worth mentioning, food for thought n all that. For me, the connotations of a tree seem to contradict the pop/glossy nature of The Frantic.

Regardless, it's a nice tree. I'm not sure how you made it actually, did you trace around a photograph with the pen tool or is it some photo vectorisng/rasterising magic you've performed on it?

Anyway, despite my anal views on using a tree I had a bash trying to incorporate it into the design. Making it more abstract and less recognisable seemed appropriate for me. Went a bit mad with it actually. Maybe too much, it's starting to get slightly complicated.



Also, when I first uploaded it I forgot to convert the colours to RGB, so below is the web trying to display a CMYK image - usually it just makes pictures look crap, but it comes out with a nice colour scheme here. Might be worth taking the image into photoshop and playing around with the hue to get some unexpected colour combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment